Click HERE for the flyer.
Phonics First® Level II Orton-Gillingham Course Content designed for:
K-12 General Education; Resource/Special Education
This rigorous course emphasizes instruction of the learning/language-disabled student at all grade-levels and is critical for teachers working with dyslexic/LD students grades 4-12 and adults.
Level II is required for those pursuing Brainspring’s nationally recognized certification.
Participants gain expertise in:
• Instruction of skills taught in Phonics First® Level I
• Customizing lessons for the dyslexic and learning/language-disabled student at all grade levels
• Advanced concepts of decoding and encoding
Participants learn to customize instruction in:
• Basic phonics through advanced morphology
• Syllabication/multisyllable word attack strategies
• The Reciprocal Teaching process
• Multisensory comprehension
• Multisensory syntax (grammar)
• Guidance with lesson planning and classroom implementation
• Interactive, collegial discussions
• Opportunities for hands-on lesson practice with other participants
• Emphasis on teaching reading to struggling and dyslexic/LD readers using Orton-Gillingham methodology
Upon completion, participants will:
• Receive a document of completion
• Be prepared to teach Phonics First® and Structures to K-12 dyslexic/learning disabled students
• Be eligible to apply for Brainspring’s nationally recognized Orton-Gillingham Dyslexia Specialist Certification program
To purchase any of these materials, call 800-732-3211.