Wilson Reading System
Advanced Strategies for Multisensory Structured Language Group Instruction Workshop
August 21 – 23, 2018
Duration 3 consecutive days
Time 9:00am – 3:30pm
- WRS Level 1 Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field
This three-day (15-hour) workshop delves into essential techniques and strategies to improve all aspects of Wilson Reading System® (WRS) group instruction through hands-on practice and discussion, and prepares participants for the Group Mastery Practicum. The workshop examines the specifics of each WRS Block, with an increased focus on vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency instruction. At the completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify factors for successful WRS group instruction.
- Review the planning for and execution of WRS Lesson Blocks 1, 2, and 3 for maximum group success.
- Develop a word-conscious lesson.
- Understand the role of spelling in writing fluency.
- Determine how to incorporate complex text, both literary and informational text structures.
- Understand and practice important aspects of fluency instruction with Wilson Fluency®/Basic.