Events sponsored by Decoding Dyslexia CA (DDCA) are indicated on the events calendar. Local events held by other organizations may also be listed that may be of interest to our members. DDCA does not endorse any specific program or company.
EdRev (Education Revolution) is a unique day of information, resources, celebration and community for students who learn differently and the families and professionals who support them. Parents Education Network (PEN) and around 2,000 attendees celebrated the eighth annual EdRev in 2016.
EdRev 2017 features keynote speaker Scott Barry Kaufman, psychologist and author of Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined and Wired to Create: Unraveling the Mysteries of the Creative Mind.
EdRev: A day to think a little differently will give you the chance to experience :
- Information: Learn from renowned speakers presenting their work from the cutting edge of learning science
- Resources: Explore a diverse range of resources presented by tech companies, service providers, schools, colleges and support organizations
- Celebration: Experience an atmosphere where students’ strengths are celebrated and the stigma of LD disappears
- Community: Connect with parents, educators and students who are all on the same journey as you
EdRev brings you:
- The latest technology that supports learning
- A wide range of informative, relevant workshops
- Music and outdoor activities for students
- Over 100 exhibitors in the School and Career Fair, Testing and Solution Center, and the Community Corner.
- Student Art Gallery and hands-on activities in the Creativity Unleashed! section
Don’t miss this unique national event for students who learn differently and the families and professionals who support them!
VIP Ticket Benefits:
- Discover the Ten Things Highly Creative People do Differently: a hosted breakfast with keynote speaker Scott Barry Kaufman
- Access to VIP Lounge, Coffee and Snacks throughout the day
- Reserved seating for Keynote Speaker presentation
- Guided tour of EdRev by PEN board members
- Copy of Ungifted: Intelligence Redefined by keynote speaker Scott Barry Kaufman
- EdRev 2017 Commemorative Photoball Memorabilia
The Northern California/ East Bay LDA affiliate is excited to work with our sponsors, California State University East Bay Department of Educational Psychology and Decoding Dyslexia CA, for our fourth IEP Clinic! This will be our second clinic held at the Concord campus of CSUEB.
Join Michael Rosenberg, M.A., and our entire Northern California/East Bay Learning Disabilities Association (NCEB LDA) team for a FREE IEP clinic. There will be an overview on IEPs and help for your child’s IEP.
Michael Rosenberg will address what an IEP entails and how to interpret the information. Furthermore, Rosenberg will address specific questions related to your child’s IEP and address concerns. Some of the areas that will be covered by Rosenberg are the following:
- Timelines & Assessments
- Assessment Plans
- Classroom Accommodations/Modifications
- IEP Agenda
- IEP Goals
- Related Services
A CD will be provided with information related to Parents Rights under IDEA and Assessmento to Transportation.
We hope you will join our IEP clinic to better assist your child’s IEP and to grasp a better understanding of your child’s IEP.
***Reminder: Admission is FREE
We strongly suggest you RSVP to this event by September 7th in order to help us prepare. Registrations are on a first come first served basis. Spaces may fill quickly.
Michael Rosenberg, M.A. —
Training and Advocacy Chair, NCEB LDA
As former Executive Director of Area Board 3 on Developmental Disabilities, Michael provided advocacy services for more than 1.6 million people, training opportunities to the community, and represented parents who have children in special education as well as families and adults’ service by the regional center system. He has helped countless numbers of families achieve success by being an advocate and negotiator, as well as lecturing in the areas of education, community, family support and legislation. Michael has spent more than two decades assisting families.