Learn how educators around the world use inquiry into English spelling as a means of enriching vocabulary, reading and spelling — and to leverage learning in any subject area. Bowers brought SWI to the Bay Area and the world. He was a visiting scholar at the Nueva School (2015-2016). His research has been published in prestigious journals and his
workshops are highly sought after around the world.
What is Structured Word Inquiry (SWI)?
“Structured word inquiry” Bowers and Kirby (2010) is word- level literacy instruction that engages learners of all ages and abilities by making sense of our surprisingly logical spelling system through scientific word investigation.
See an interview with Dr. Bowers on SWI HERE.
- Full day workshop Sat. Feb. 29 ($200) 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Full day workshop Feb. 29 plus the Fri. Feb 28 in-school workshop (8:30 am – 3:30 pm).
The Friday session includes 3 model lessons in classrooms followed by debriefing sessions with teachers.
(Total for 2 days $375)
Limited space for In-school sessions
• Feb 28 in-school session only open to those who also attend the Feb 29 full day workshop.
• Feb 29 Saturday workshop open to all.
Location: Presidio Knolls School
• 250 10th St, San Francisco, CA 94103 (Map HERE) • Tel: (415) 202-0770