Events sponsored by Decoding Dyslexia CA (DDCA) are indicated on the events calendar. Local events held by other organizations may also be listed that may be of interest to our members. DDCA does not endorse any specific program or company.
Speech-Language Pathology Continuing Education Course: Using the CTOPP-2 to Assess Phonological Processing for Reading Disability/Dyslexia Evaluations
Speech-Language Pathology alumni and friends are invited to this special Homecoming weekend continuing education program. During this three-hour program, speaker Richard “Rick” K. Wagner, PhD, a professor of psychology at Florida State University, will dispel old myths and present new truths about dyslexia, followed by a brief review of the just-released California dyslexia guidelines. Then, use of the CTOPP-2 for assessing phonological processing in the context of reading disability/dyslexia evaluations will be covered.
All participants will receive a certificate of attendance and a continental breakfast.
RSVP by October 18
Please feel free to share this invitation with your colleagues.
Participants are invited to stay on campus and attend other Homecoming activities. For a complete listing of events visit: pacific.edu/homecoming
A one day, hands-on, special education workshop designed to meet the needs of parents and professionals serving children and teens with disabilities. Perfect for educators, healthcare providers, advocates and attorneys. This program is not disability or state specific.
For more information (parking, accommodations etc): http://www.wrightslaw.com/speak/18.02.ca.htm
Each ticket includes:
- Wrightslaw book set ($63 value) – Wrightslaw: Special Education Law, 2nd Edition, Wrightslaw: From Emotions to Advocacy, 2nd Edition and Wrightslaw: All About IEPs
- Sandwich lunches and all-day tea/coffee bar
Early Bird Discounts until January 7, 2018*
*Early Bird registrants will also receive emailed pdf copies of Wrightslaw Special Education Law, 2nd Ed. and Wrightslaw: Special Education Legal Developments and Cases 2016 which retail for $29.95.
Save The Date!
Wrightslaw Special Education & Advocacy Training
Comes to San Jose on
October 11, 2018 9 am – 4:30 pm
Register at: https://php.networkforgood.com/
Don’t miss this one-day, hands-on, special education workshop with Pete Wright, designed to meet the needs of parents and professionals serving children and teen with disabilities.
Perfect for parents, educators, healthcare providers, advocates, and attorneys. This program is not disability or state specific.
For more information on Pete Wright at http://wrightslaw.com
Register now as this event will sell out! Please join IDA NorCal and our co-sponsors Decoding Dyslexia CA and Learning Ally for an interactive and engaging panel discussion with dyslexia experts, former members of the CDE Dyslexia Guidelines workgroup, teachers and school administrators as we discuss how to implement AB 1369 best practices in improving outcomes for our students with dyslexia. Learn about real examples of how school districts are making a difference and discuss the challenges ahead as we join together to address this important topic. Event will include an opportunity to participate in an Experience Dyslexia® simulation. In addition, the event will feature booths and exhibitors with information on assistive technology and local dyslexia resources.
This event is intended for school administrators, educators, parents/guardians and other interested community members.
The panelists for the event are as follows:
- Wendi Aghily, Ed.D., Director of Special Education, Mt. Diablo USD/SELPA
- Kathy Futterman, Ed.D., Adjunct Faculty CSU East Bay, Educational Specialist Mt. Diablo USD, CDE Dyslexia Guidelines Work Group Member, Dyslexia Consultant Decoding Dyslexia CA
- Tobie Meyer, State Director Decoding Dyslexia CA, CDE Dyslexia Guidelines Work Group Member
- Monina Salazar, Assistant Principal Parkside Intermediate School, San Bruno Park School District, Former District Teacher on Special Assignment – Literacy Intervention Instructional Coach San Ramon Valley USD
- John Santonastaso, Brier Elementary First Grade Teacher, Fremont USD,International Dyslexia Association NorCal Vice President
- Amy Bull, Vintage Hills Elementary School Kindergarten Teacher, Pleasanton USD, AppRISE Pilot Program Participant (dyslexia screener app)